Indoor plants as a living bouquet
Exposing luxurious bouquets in large and small vases, decorating our home, we all regret that their beauty is so transient in a few days, and if you're lucky - in weeks, they will inevitably fade. But cut flowers also have their own “permanent” alternative - indoor plants, many of which resemble bouquets in pots. They delight the eye constantly, even when they do not bloom, and with proper care from year to year, arrange a real show. It is possible to not only give blossoming beautiful beauties instead of a short-lived bouquet to people dear to our hearts: they will cope with the role of a decorative accent and easily participate in table setting. The main thing is not to be too lazy to create a suitable setting for them.
Irresistible plants as a living bouquet
Fresh flowers, modest, cute, simple or complex arrangements and bouquets are pleasing to the eye and give the atmosphere a special atmosphere and festivity. They harmonize the space, emphasize the atmosphere of the holiday, inspire and inspire, cause smiles and brighten up even the most gloomy day. They are appropriate on weekdays and for the holiday. And the fact that fresh flowers look great in a variety of roles in the interior is not worth mentioning.
Bouquets have always played a special role in serving meals, regardless of whether it is a simple breakfast or a dinner party. But buying flowers in order to always have living bouquets in your house is not only troublesome, but also expensive. The only way not to lose the charming, lively decor is to replace cut flowers with potted bouquets, as indoor plants can be no less spectacular, play the same role, but fulfill the function of bouquets literally day after day for many months.
Among indoor plants, there are many cultures that are suitable for the role of a living bouquet. The selection criteria are few: the plant should look elegant, festive, spectacular, everything in it should be beautiful - and foliage, and inflorescences, and silhouettes with lines. In table setting or to replace bouquets in a room, you can use:
- decorative leafy crops with especially elegant greens - selaginella, cal, fittonia, hypoesthessmall fernscompact ficuses;
- indoor roses, gerberas and other "cut" crops in pots;
- bulbs and primroses in pots - hyacinths, tulips, crocuses;
- primroses and garden summers - from pansies before primrose, muscari, lilies of the valley, anemone, caliberhoa, marigold, lobelia, balsam;
- herbs and greens growing in pots and containers - chives, basil, parsley, salads, dill, thyme etc .;
- beautiful flowering houseplants - from orchids and saintpoly before anthurium, exakuma, begonias, calceolaria, Catharanthus from campanula;
- indoor berry crops - nerter, citrus, decorative peppers;
Plants in the role of living bouquets do not have to be used one at a time: they can be combined into groups, arranged in a row, and composed of complex compositions and ensembles. The same plants look especially impressive in identical containers and bright contrasts.
Another very important criterion that allows us to talk about potted plants as an alternative to cut flowers in vases is their impeccable condition and cleanliness. Only healthy, strong indoor crops from which dust is removed (and, if possible, leaves are also polished) can be used as a living bouquet. Whatever plant you choose, it should literally shine.
The main thing is to mask the pot and soil
If you want a houseplant to make the same impression as a bouquet of cut flowers, and even more so if you include potted plants in the table setting, the first and most important thing to remember is that no one should see the soil. It is necessary to hide the soil not only from the point of view of hygiene (you must admit that hardly anyone will like the open soil on the table next to the products), but also so that nothing distracts attention from the beauty of the plant.
The soil is easy to hide. To do this, just pick up any kind of decorative mulch. Multi-colored sisal, aquarium soil, pebbles, shells, decorative stones and glass can do the job perfectly ...
But far not only the top layer of the substrate needs masking. For a houseplant to become a decoration for a table or room, you need to present it in all its splendor, decorating the pot and making it an original decorative touch, a kind of connecting link between the interior or serving and the plant itself. Even the most beautiful pot in the serving will look boring and even trite. If you want to make indoor plants a complete replacement for a living bouquet, then bother to decorate the pot more carefully. There are many options for such decoration:
- put the plant in a container that completely disguises the pot - a basket, a vase, a saucepan, a pot, a bucket, an old kettle or an original box;
- tie additional decor to the beautiful pot - sisal, ribbons, twigs, natural decor of leaves, berries or cones, decorative plaits or braid;
- wrap the pot with a beautiful cloth, table napkin, paper, which are combined with serving or textiles in the interior (as if wrapping the pot in a festive wrapper).
Large and small additions for potted bouquets
Even the most beautiful plant in an elegant pot without additional decor will look simple - very effective, but only a pet. In order for it to turn into a living bouquet and fulfill all its functions, you need to take care of such important additions as:
- Textiles - substrates or napkins, coasters and mats on which you place it (you can use lace, embroidered motifs, fashionable bamboo mats, textile naprons or substrates, original coasters). Choosing the perfect option is not easy:
- firstly, the textile base on which you put your bouquet in a pot should be combined with the rest of the textiles and the color scheme of the interior or table setting;
- secondly, coasters, substrates or napkins must necessarily be successfully combined with the plant itself - the coloring of flowers or the pattern and color of the leaves.
- Large decor and accessories - household items and large objects or utensils that visually complement the plants, add counterweights to their lines and silhouettes, and complete the structure of the composition. If you use several plants, then exhibiting a large decor is not necessary. If we are talking about single plants, then they can be supplemented with a beautiful basket or a dish with fruits, figurines, vases, photographs in the framework, and for table setting - a service, jars of jam or jams, sauce bowls, sugar bowl, hodgepodge, basket for bread, napkin holders, etc.
- Important little things are loose decor and small accessories that play the role of a link between the interior and the plants themselves. Decorative pebbles or glass pieces, small figurines, postcards, ceramic figures, as well as decor for the flowerpot itself - butterflies, figures and other decorations “on a stick” - will add that very “highlight”.
The secrets of choosing colors and playing with details
In order for a houseplant to turn into a luxurious bouquet and reveal all its advantages, important details must not be ignored. And color is one of them. When choosing coasters with substrates or additional accessories, you should strive for harmony and expressiveness, not be afraid of bold decisions and achieve the most vivid and expressive images. The basic principles for the selection of additions to bouquets in pots read:
- when using bonsai or ornamental-deciduous plants, accompaniment in white, blue, azure, light green, anise, lime tones, matte coatings, translucent and lace fabrics, as well as monophonic solutions is better suited (for such plants you must rely on minimalism and restrained elegance) ;
- for indoor gerberas, roses, campanula and other "garden" and greenhouse crops, the most vivid and bold colors are best suited, repeating the color of the flowers or using lighter shades that are similar in tone;
- for spring bulbs, especially delicate crocuses, snowdrops, hyacinths, the spring pastoral is better - delicate shades of pink, blue, mint, young greenery and the first flowers, the decor is romantic simplicity and emotional fullness;
- for bright flowering plants and summers, juicy colors, saturated, bold solutions, a cell and a strip, as well as floral motifs and speckled patterns in the most catchy and bright variations are suitable;
- for spicy herbs and greens served as bouquets, prepare an arrangement in the style of country or Mediterranean movements - use natural cotton and linen fabrics, a typical cell, decor with a rustic charm.
Before you begin a specific presentation of potted bouquets, consider what concept you like:
- nostalgic (muted tones without expressive contrasts with cute details);
- eclectic (the most striking contrasts and a combination of incongruous);
- watercolor (the selected color is presented in several similar shades);
- Art Nouveau (bet on fashionable and catchy color);
- feminine romanticism (bows, ribbons, lace and other touching details).
And remember that every plant is a small miracle anyway. And your task is only to reveal its beauty, to emphasize it. Sometimes for this it is better to limit yourself to just a modest decor of the pot and abandon the rest of the decoration elements.